Are you up for the Digital Challenge? Five takeaways
As anyone who regularly reads my blogs will know, I have been pushing the digital agenda within my organisation and wider for some time now. Safe to say it has been a bit of a roller coaster ride.
I am by no means an expert and our organisation has by no means cracked the digital nut (although we are getting there), but, I can happily report that we are at least trying to crack this nut and that we will continue to try. An example of this would our Digital First project we have been running which has been a great success and we are now moving towards a more ‘business as usual’ approach to digital.
So, here are my top five takeaways for anyone who is either new to digital or wanting to further digitally develop within an organisation:
- Create some digital momentum: This obviously takes some time, but if you can get enough people on board, you can start to tip the balance towards digital being viewed as mainstream, core business, rather than a bolt-on.
- Digital resources: By this I mean you need some people power to do the work required to focus digitally. This helps in being able on the road to gaining digital momentum.
- Network with the wider digital community: This is really important, as there are other orgs and people already doing a lot of this. As the saying goes, why reinvent the wheel?
- Sell the digital vision: This is an interesting one, as this will to some degree differ depending on who you are talking to. For example, highlighting the savings from going digital will work a treat with someone from Finance, but a more customer orientated approach will be needed with someone working in customer services.
- Become a digital champion – I have done this within my own organisation, which means I can always point to some digital fact, figure or example to try and ram home the point of needing to be more digitally aware.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but I do hope these are of some use to you.
Please leave a comment below on what your digital takeaways would be!