2000 tweets – What I’ve Learnt
I have just passed the 2,000 tweet mark. In some ways I can’t believe I have tweeted that many, although in fairness, many of them have also been retweets!
So, in the best part of a 2 year period, that means I’ve sent roughly 85 tweets per month.
My ‘Twitter vital statistics’ are:
- I’ve got over 700 followers;
- I’m following nearly 850 people;
- I’ve been listed 27 times;
- I’ve had a fair % of re-tweets;
- I’ve had a fair % of favourited tweets;
- According to Tweetreach my last 50 tweets have had an estimated reach of over £15k accounts.
I’m pretty pleased if I’m honest. I didn’t have an expectation that anyone would particularly follow me. I just wanted to learn how to use the platform as best as possible and to talk to as many people as possible. But I guess these are all fairly meaningless stats compared to what I’ve learn’t from using Twitter over these two years. These are my five take-aways:
- I’ve found my voice – I can’t underestimate this point really. I’m not the most vocal person you’ll meet in life, but Twitter has really helped me to become more vocal. I’ve even taken this a step further to start writing this blog. There is no stopping me now.
- Virtual Friends – I’ve connected with people through Twitter that I’ve never met face-to-face. I’ve gone on to meet some of them ‘in real life’ as well! As we already knew something of each other through Twitter, this made that first face-to-face meeting all the easier.
- Up to the second news and views – I’m connected to news via Twitter by the second. It’s staggering what you can learn from a quick view of your Twitter feed. At the moment, amongst other things, I’m able to track real-time how the storms have affected North Wales.
- Best Practice – I’ve often used Twitter to ask followers a question or for advice on work related matters. Inevitably I have received a decent reply rate as well.
- Part of a community – Just as it says really. I honestly do feel part of the #ukhousing Twitter community. Every single day.
So they are my quick fire five twitter take-aways.
I wonder whether the five takeaways above will change when I reach 3,000 tweets or more?? I’ll let you know……